As spring travelers search for vacation destinations that bring fun, sun, and family time, it is easy to see why Winter Park is a popular choice! If you haven't yet planned a spring trip to Winter Park, then it is time to add it to your to-do list! As inspiration, here is our guide to spring in Winter Park!
Winter Park Ski Resort has some of the best ski slopes in the world! The latter half of ski season always brings bluebird days and perfect conditions, making it a great time for snow sports. You’ll adore the soft yet stable snow, short lines, and sunny skies! The slopes stay open until early May, so you can ski and snowboard all spring long! Pack your sunscreen and get ready to have the time of your life!
Other Popular Spring Activities
- Snow tubing is fun for all ages. It is the perfect way to spend a snowy afternoon with the family!
- Snowshoeing is a calm wilderness adventure that allows you to get up close and personal with the spring landscape. Visit the Nordic Center or Winter Park Resort for rentals, lessons, and more! A list of trails is available online.
- If you want to spend some time inside, then you should visit a local art gallery! Winter Park has a number of fantastic galleries to explore, all with different mediums and focuses!
- Warmer days means more variety in available activities. If it isn’t too cold when you visit, then you should go for a hike! If you're an experienced hiker, then you'll love lengthy, scenic Jim Creek Trail.
- Get out on the water! Early spring is the perfect time to go fly fishing, while later spring is ideal for whitewater rafting!
- Try to spot iconic Colorado animals such as elk, which are most visible in the spring! We recommend stopping by the Kawuneeche Valley on the west side of Rocky Mountain National Park for the best chances of witnessing elk bugling. Visit the Kawuneeche Visitor Center for tips on spotting animals!
Winter Park Ski Resort Spring Events
- Cosmic Ice Skating Night: Every Saturday from 5-7 PM, you can enjoy cosmic ice skating at the Village Pond. A DJ will play music as you skate!
- Parry's Parade: Kids will love participating in this afternoon parade, which takes place each Saturday. There will be family-friendly music and dancing!
- Mountaintop Apres: Friday and Saturday (Jan 13 - Apr 2) after 4 PM, you can ride the gondola to Sunspot for free and enjoy music, drinks, small plates, and great views!
- SNOWga: Every Friday from 4-4:30 PM, enjoy free winter yoga at the Plaza Stage.
- Colorado Craft: On March 26, enjoy a special guided ski event, which includes a few hours of skiing and tasty craft beer!
- Spring Bash & Splash: Enjoy four weekends packed with live music, special events, and great spring skiing & riding, from April 2nd to April 24th.
- TheBigWonderful: On April 2, enjoy an exciting day full of free beer tasting and live Colorado bluegrass music!
What’s your favorite spring activity in Winter Park? Tell us in the comments!